We’re all about making the most of your layover. Just because we’re at the airport, it doesn’t have to lead to unhealthy choices! We’ve rounded up 10 ways to get healthy at Chicago O’Hare Airport – and trust us, there plenty of ways.
Chicago O’Hare Airport boasts 4 spas, an airport hotel gym with pool, a yoga room and a variety of places to get fresh fruits and veggies. (No more bad airport food – yay!)
Chicago O’Hare has 5 Terminals and various concourses to explore. However, for this wellness travel day we passed through Terminal 3 and upon our return we were in Terminal 1 Concourse C. We found some healthy finds and ways to get healthy at Chicago O’Hare Airport.
10 ways to get healthy at Chicago O’Hare Airport
1. Get healthy by getting your veggies and greens.
Salad Works, Location: Terminal 1, C Concourse in the food court near Gate C19.
2. Get healthy with some pampering at the spa.
Terminal Getaway Spa Terminal 1, Concourse B, Gate B14
Terminal Getaway Spa Terminal 3, Concourse H, Gate H2
Terminal Getaway Spa Terminal 3, Concourse H, Gate H6
XpresSpa Terminal 5, Concourse M, Gate M
3. Get healthy by finding your inner balance and peace by doing some yoga. Chicago O’hare Yoga Room.
Location: Mezzanine Level of the Terminal 3 Rotunda. Open daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
4. Get healthy by releasing some stress and tension by doing some laps at the airport swimming pool.
5. Get healthy by skipping the airport bar and heading over to the gym for a fast, intense workout.
Location: Inside the Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport Hotel, directly across from the domestic terminals (1, 2 & 3)
6. Get healthy by looking for some greenery and reflecting on the great things in your life.
A study from the University of Melbourne found that looking at green nature for even for seconds “can do wonders for the brain.”
Location: Urban Garden, Mezzanine Level of the Terminal 3 Rotunda
7. Get healthy by forgetting the pre-made salad.
Build your own salad bar and customize a salad for your flight at B-Smooth, Smoothies & Salads.
Location: Terminal 3
8. Get healthy by drinking lots of water.
Fill up your water bottle at one of the many hydration stations. There are more than 35 refill stations past security at Chicago O’Hare so passengers can always find one nearby. Specifically, at Terminal 1, Concourse C we saw some hydration stations near Gate 18, Gate 28, and Gate 23.
9. Get healthy by eating some fruit and veggies.
Farmers Market. Location: Terminal 3, Routunda
10. Get healthy by waiting for some fruit and some fresh foods to come to you while you quietly meditate.
Mobile Ala Cart is Chicago O’Hare’s first mobile food cart operated by HMSHost. Sean Matthews of HMSHost explained that the cart “adjust[s] to travelers needs as it can be found throughout the airport in locations chosen daily based on the busiest gate areas and those areas with delayed flights that day.”
Feeling good just simply feels better — and is more beneficial to your health and travels. The time to get healthy is now! It’s easy to get healthy at Chicago O’Hare Airport – they don’t disappoint with their great selection of wellness finds! Take advantage of our healthy guide and recharge and relax during your next layover.