Your travel journey can be healthy, but also fun. Let’s shake up that repetitive travel routine with five travel fitness tips from The Happy Healthy Team at Krakow Airport. They have a fantastic team made up of personal trainers, CrossFit trainers, dieticians, and masseur passionate about their work.
Currently, The Happy Healthy Team is at the airport for three days per week. The airports’ website states that they are usually at departures on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 to 13:00, and Fridays from 15:00 to 18:00.
The program is free of charge and just turned one year this past January.
I had a chance to speak with Mateusz Barcik, a member of the team.
“At the airport, we offer very simple stretching and breathing exercises in standing and sitting positions for everyone, no matter how old you are, how to fit you are, or what kind of clothes you wear.”
Top 5 travel fitness tips from the Happy Healthy team at Karkow Airport
1. Don’t sit if you don’t have to and use stairs whenever you can. It will keep your blood flow.
2. When you do sit, do it in a way that you use the whole range of motion in your knees and hips (proper clothes required).
3. Smile a lot (among many positive effects also good for your blood flow).
4. Breathe slowly and deeply through your nose.
5. Try some airport fitness that can be done anywhere at the airport by everyone, and at any time.
Airport pre and post-travel is good
The airport may not be the first place most people think of for getting in a workout. However, consider how much downtime you typically have there; it may begin to make sense. Put the time to good use and get some exercise.
We are located in the post-security area at one of the gates in open space so everyone can see what we are doing and learn some of the exercises that can be used in the plane.