Vane just found a new fresh airport hangout. We are excited to take a first look at the new rooftop infinity pool at TWA Hotel, JFK-Airport. The infinity pool looks like the perfect reason to arrive at the airport earlier or hope of a long delay! The pool opens on May 15, 2019.
Five reasons why the new rooftop infinity pool is worth the plunge
1. The pool will be available to both hotel guests and non-guests.
2. Always refreshing, the water in the 63-by-20-foot infinity edge pool offers a much-needed respite during sweltering summers. Come winter; it turns into a pool-cuzzi — the water can be heated up to 100 degrees!
3. The H2O is perpetually pristine: the highly filtered water is purified every 30 minutes (a standard pool recirculates every 6 hours!).
Inspired by the infinity edge pool at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d’Antibes, France, the swimming spot has a beach entry and underwater seating.
4. The infinity pool and its 10,000-square-foot observation deck sit on the horizon of a thrilling scene — JFK’s bustling Runway 4 Left/22 Right, with views to Jamaica Bay.
5. The TWA Hotel at JFK Airport is the only airport hotel with this long list of amenities such as:
- Six restaurants, including the Paris Café, and eight bars, including The Sunken Lounge
- An Intelligentsia coffee bar and coffee carts throughout the hotel grounds
- 50,000 square feet of event space, including a 15,000-square-foot ballroom
- The world’s biggest hotel gym: a 10,000-square-foot fitness center
- High-end retail outlets, including a Shinola custom watch bar and leather goods store
- A Lockheed Constellation “Connie” L-1649A transformed into a cocktail lounge
Museum exhibitions on TWA, the Jet Age and midcentury modern design curated by the New-York Historical Society
I can’t wait to visit the TWA Hotel and take advantage of every single amenity!
Want to know more about airport rooftop pools? I have been to the rooftop pool at Arlanda Airport at the Clarion Hotel; there is an outdoor pool with runways views at Punta Cana Airport, and Changi Airport has an outdoor pool that features a jacuzzi, poolside bar, and shower facilities.
Take the plunge on your next layover!